August 18, 2012

They Make Me Smile

At night when we're getting ready for bath time, I herd the kids up to our room.
I then head into the bathroom while they usually gather around my phone and take turns playing a game.

Yes, I know, I know.  They shouldn't be on the phone.
They should be reading a book, coloring, or doing some elaborate craft from Pinterest.
But the phone is easy and keeps them entertained for the 2-3 minutes it takes to get everything set up.
I have never claimed I was Supermom, and this is one of the 23,976 reasons why.

So I turn on the water and make sure it's just the right temperature.
I dump all their toys into the tub.
I set their towels out and gather their jammies for when they each get out.
It's a good routine and it makes things run much more smoothly.

The other day I ran through my routine as usual.  When I walked back into my room to get the kids I was stopped dead in my tracks.

Sometimes there are moments in life that you can't help but smile from ear to ear.
This was one of those moments.



Evidently the kids had found some of our hats and decided they were more fun than the phone.
See, sometimes they make the good decisions, even on their own.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this. It makes me feel like the distance between us is a little smaller than it actually is. Seeing these sweet little angels brightens my day. We love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete