August 20, 2012

Meal Plan Monday


Before I get into my menu for this week, I wanted to give some reviews on last week's recipes.

Pinned Image
This one was good, but I wish that it had some spice.  I think next time I may add a little cayenne to the parmesan mixture.


Pinned Image
These were delicious!  I used Spanish rice to make them because that's what I had on hand, and it turned out wonderfully.  Adding the chicken stock to the pan and covering it to cook was briliant.  This was the first time I've had stuffed peppers that were really cooked through.  The only thing I'll change next time take the foil off in the last 5 minutes and not add the cheese until then.


Pinned Image
We love squash at my house and this is a great way to prepare it.  It gives the squash good flavor, but still allows the squash to shine.  I have a feeling we will be making this often.


Pinned Image
Marcus loved this one ... and I thought it was good too.  I'm not much of a pork tenderloin fan in general, but if I'm going to make it, this is one of the best recipes I've found.


Pinned Image
These were amazing.  I made them exactly as the directions said, but realized after a few bites that I had forgotten to add the balsamic at the end.  So I jumped up from the table and brought it out, and it pushed this dish over the top.  After trying these Marcus said he thought he could eat mushrooms every day ... and I agreed!


Pinned Image
I made these for all my in-laws at Sunday dinner and they were a hit.  The last time I made these was in the middle of the week, so I had to put them in the marinade before I left for work and they sat all day ... and that was a mistake.  This time I maridaded them for about 4 hours and they were much better.


I found all of these new recipes on Pinterest.
Don't you just LOVE Pinterest?!?!
Marcus gives me a hard time whenever I get on Pinterest, but I've noticed he's started backing off as I cook more of these delicious recipes.

So here is this week's menu, again with several Pinterest recipes.

Monday: Green Chili and Cheddar Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries
Wednesday: Cajun Chicken Pasta, Salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Saturday: Corndog Muffins, Chips, Green Beans
Sunday: Papa's Perfect Paella (recipe coming next week)

I'll let you all know how things went next week!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I just made the chicken tortilla casserole and it was very yummy! Hope you like it :) We also tried the parmesan tilapia last week and I thought it was good but like you, thought it could use a little kick!

    My menu is here: http://simplyamom.blogspot.com/2012/08/menu-planning-monday-820.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!
    We'll be over for dinner as soon as we get back :)
    You'll have to let me know how the cauliflower turns out -- it looks yummy.
    I can hardly wait for you to get into your new house so we can come to dinner.
    And tell Marcus that until he gets his SongPop to suggest some great ideas for dinner he isn't allowed to give you a hard time about Pinterest ;-)

    ReplyDelete