August 17, 2012

The Day Is Almost Here

Tonight was the first of many big nights.
I picked the kids up early and we went to Burger King (Lauren's choice) for dinner.


And then we headed to Lauren's new elementary school for (gulp) kindergarten orientation.
When we walked in they gave her a name tag.
I think it made her feel pretty special.


Then we were told that the parents were going to the cafeteria, and the kids were going to the library.
I was a little worried about how she'd do on her own, but she walked right in and sat down.


While we were learning all about the school and how things are run, Lauren got to listen to a story and go on a bus ride around the school.

I think my little girl is going to do just fine in kindergarten.
And that makes this momma happy.





1 comment:

  1. What an exciting milestone. Lauren, I hope you have an awesome year. We're so proud of you! Sean

    ReplyDelete