August 27, 2012

Goodbye Perfect Attendance

Today was the first day of kindergarten.
Or at least it was supposed to be.
 
 
Last night Lauren came in from playing outside and her cheeks were bright red.
She said that her head hurt and she was hot, so I laid her down on the couch and gave her a cold wash cloth.
She's probably just over heated.
 
Then she fell asleep and didn't want to wake up for dinner.
She didn't take a nap today so she must just be tired.
 
After we all finished eating I woke her up and brought her to the table.
She wouldn't leave my lap and said her head still hurt and she didn't want to eat.
Hmmm, this isn't normal.
 
I carried her upstairs to take a bath and by the time I sat her down in the bathroom she was crying because her head hurt and she didn't feel good.
I checked and she had a 102.5 fever.
She's going to miss the first day of kindergarten!
 
I gave her some ibuprofen and put her to bed.
I thought that since all the kids were sick last week we would be safe this week!!!
 
I went downstairs to tell Marcus that she was sick and was trying not to get upset.
But then I started to realize she would still have a first day of kindergarten ... just not the same day as everyone else.
She'll have her very own special day.  :-)
 
So today, instead of going to school with all the other kids, Lauren stayed home with me and I took care of my little girl.
I'm kinda glad to have this last day with her not yet in kindergarten .
 
She even told me, "Mommy, I like being sick.  I mean, not the fever and throwing up and feeling bad part, but the part where I get to stay home."
Crap. She's already figured it out.
 


 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I've kept my menu very simple in anticipation of the first week of school :
 
Monday: Tacos, Spanish Rice
Tuesday: Spaghetti, Salad
Wednesday: Baked Corndog Muffins, Broccoli
Thursday: Dinner at Nana and Pops' House
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Eating Out
Sunday: Smoked Chicken Quarters, Baked Beans, Salad
 
Tomorrow I'll post reviews for last week's meals, along with Papa's Paella recipe - yummy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment